- Dr. Muscolino is a licensed chiropractic physician and teaches anatomy, physiology, and nutrition at Purchase College, State University of New York (SUNY). Dr. Joe Muscolino also taught kinesiology and musculoskeletal and visceral anatomy, physiology, and pathology courses at the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy (CCMT) from 1986 - 2010.
- Dr. Muscolino is also an approved provider by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) for continuing education (CE) credit for massage therapists and bodyworkers and runs numerous advanced study workshops, including deep tissue, advanced stretching, joint mobilization, and palpation workshops, as well as cadaver labs.
- He also runs in-services for instructors of massage therapy, covering topics such as how to teach muscles, muscle palpation, kinesiology, and more; as well as in-services for Pilates and yoga instructors and fitness trainers on all subjects of musculoskeletal anatomy and physiology, and kinesiology.
- Dr. Muscolino has a private Chiropractic practice in
- Dr. Muscolino also served as a subject matter expert on the Exam and Continuing Education committees of the NCBTMB.
- He is a member of the Editorial Review Operational Committee (EROC) for the Massage Therapy Journal.
- Dr. Muscolino is the author of eight major publications with Mosby of Elsevier Science.
- The Muscular System Manual, The Skeletal Muscles of the Human Body, 3rd edition
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy Coloring Book, 2nd Edition
- Flashcards for Palpation, Trigger Points, and Referral Patterns
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy Flashcards, 2nd Edition
- Kinesiology, The Skeletal System and Muscle Function, 2nd Edition
- Flashcards For Bones, Joints, and Actions of the Human Body, 2nd Edition
- He is also the author of the chapter on Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) in Modalities for Massage and Bodywork by Elaine Stillerman, published by Mosby of Elsevier, 2009.
- He also served as a subject matter expert on trigger point therapy for A Massage Therapist’s Guide to Pathology, 4ed, by Ruth Werner, published by Lippincott Williams and Wilkins of Wolters Kluwer, 2008.
- Dr. Muscolino also writes a regular column article entitled Body Mechanics for the Massage Therapy Journal (mtj). He has also written articles for the Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies (jbmt), Massage Magazine, Massage Today, The Journal of the Australian Association of Massage Therapists, the Australian Journal of the Association of Massage Therapists, Massage Australia Magazine, Terra Rosa e-magazine, and the e-newsletter Deep.
- He has written the foreword to three books:
- Body Mechanics for Manual Therapists, A Functional Approach to Self-Care, 2nd Edition, by Barbara Frye, published by Fryetag Publishing, Stanwood, WA., 2004
- Deep Tissue Massage Treatment, A Handbook of Neuromuscular Therapy, by Fabian Fernandez, published by Mosby of Elsevier, 2006
- Joint Play the Right Way: Axial Skeleton, by Mike Dixon, RMT, published by Arthrokinetic Publishing, 2006
- Joe Muscolino's wife, Simona Cipriani, is a certified Pilates Instructor and has been teaching Pilates since 1995. She owns and runs her own Pilates Studios, The Art of Control (please click here for her website), at the State University of New York (SUNY) at Purchase, New York, and in Stamford, CT. She is also a licensed Massage Therapist in the states of Connecticut and New York and a Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner.